- Studio Disaster of the Week: Winter.
It's not really Chicago winter until your gate freezes and locks you out of your apartment where your pipes are frozen and bursting and leaking icy water through your kitchen down through three floors so you have to turn the water and heat off and use your cats as earmuffs in order to survive the 48 hour period during which your landlord is too busy Christmas shopping to call a plumber.
So it's officially Chicago winter.
As soon as you plastic your window, an icicle forms from your faucet... But if we didn't have horrendous winters then everyone would move here and then the rent would be too expensive. It's not a frozen tundra-- the frozen tundra is merely the BOUNCER keeping this city EXCLUSIVE. #crazyfromthecold
- Studio Outing of the Week (Because we were LOCKED OUT OF OUR HOUSE... DURING A BLIZZARD):
We went downtown to show our poor North Carolinian native houseguest around town, for lack of access to a warmer haven. Unfortunately, there was a blizzard that day. We had fun anyway. Here is Nelly, Nora and Amanda seeking temporary shelter from the gale beneath Anish Kapoor's Cloud Gate (known colloquially as "The Bean").
- Studio Jam of the Week: Darren Chris(s) Colfer doing "Baby It's Cold Outside"
- Studio Projects of the Week:
1. Holiday Decorations!
Nora made us both Christmas stockings and snowflakes for the studio!
She also made one of our house elves a holiday scarf.
2. Plants: We repotted all our houseplants this week. They're much happier now.
Ripley HATES gardening.
Some of our plants were overdue for real pots, as you can see.
The whole studio smells like Christmas tree and paperwhites!
- Confusing Discovery of the Week: Cheap AND tacky? Sign us up!
- Movie of the week: The King's Speech (All of your favorite british actors in the 1920s anglophone equivalent of a modern day bromance! Lovely. And we at The Burrow love a good stuffy British king crying frustrated tears).
- Studio Munch of the Week:
- Kitty Photo of the Week: