- Studio Project of the Week: Air Plant Adventures!
Sunday, May 22, 2011
Sunday, May 15, 2011
Hey! We're in the midst of one seriously bipolar spring here in Chicago. It was 90 degrees... It was 35 degrees. And mostly there's just been wind. If The Burrow blows away, we'll be updating next week from a tree. We're all over the place. Now that Lucy's convention schedule is winding down, there should be more collabs and blog posts up in here.
Studio Project of the Week: Elephant planter! We've been going to thrift shops to find various items to hold all our plants. This is the first of many, converted from a small dog chew toy. (holds one wee eschevaria)
- Studio Visitors of the Week: Erika Moen and Dylan Meconis stopped by to pick up Lucy on the way to the Toronto Comic Arts Festival! You can read about their visit and see Erika's lovely photos of The Burrow on Erika's Blog Entry.
- Studio Jam of the Week: "Do You Like Me" by Coyote Grace (Awesome and creepy and lovely, and check out Ingrid's amazing poppy dress!)
- Studio Fanart of the Week: By the delightful Peter N. Trinh, it's us as VAMPIRE SLAYERS!
at 8:08 PM
Sunday, May 1, 2011
We're back from our miniature blog sabbatical! Lucy was traveling East for a New York comic convention, and is now returned to the bosom of The Burrow. And now that we're all here again, let's BLOG.(Above, Lucy's welcome-home banner that Nora made for her triumphant return.)
- Studio Obsession of
Guess which crazy studio duo are going to a GLEE LIVE SHOW? Guess which SAME duo will probably cry during the solos? You guessed it, the SAME duo who will be waiting outside the stage doors with a home-made Pigfarts T-Shirt for Darren Criss. So. Excited. Countdown to June.
- Sad Studio News of the Week:
Our good BFF Nelly headed off to grad school this week, departing Chicago for Austin, Texas. To see her off properly, we ate a metric ton of encased meat at local fancy-hot-dog venue, Hot Doug's. We'll miss her greatly, but at least she will be full of fancy meat to remember us by. (hee hee)
Nelly has started (and we hope, will continue) a new blog to chronicle her adventures and creations at Costume Technology school and in her new Texas residence. Check out the first little photo post here (featuring The Burrow):
- Studio Jam of the Week: Pretty Girl Rock by Keri Hilson
No question that this girl's a ten.
- Kitty Photos of the Week: Stump Pillow Love!
Again, we apologize for the pause in updating. You see, we were attending a VERY special event, and it was simply impossible for us to leave the side of the royal family at any time over the last month. They absolutely NEED us. Good thing no-one managed to upstage us at the wedding.
Plus OTHER attendee's hats here.
Happy Kate and Wills Day!
at 6:21 PM