- (Incomplete) Studio Project of the Week: Just a little process shot, as they're not totally finished, but it should give you an idea of what we're making for ourselves. We stayed up all night in the print studio at Lillstreet Arts Center, using a complicated printing process that involved crazy chemicals, respirators, hair-dryers and (of course) sexy 4-AM print-table poses.
We should be totally done next week, so we'll post more photos of it then.
- Apocalyptic Weather of the Week: HAIL YES. Chicago got ping-pong-ball-sized lightening hail last thursday. We were having dinner with friends, when we looked outside and saw this:
(Movie scavenged online. We were too busy stuffing our faces with pulled-pork sandwiches before the world ended to document it.)
But check out the damage to Nora's truck!
- Twinsie Project of the Week: FRIENDSHIP JEWELRY! Lucy made these lightning bolt necklaces for us!
Spoiler [alert] and [Speech] Bubble are our nicknames for one another.
Three guesses who's who.
- Studio Event of the Week: Pride Weekend! We went to Dyke March Chicago on Saturday, and The Chicago Pride Parade on Sunday. It was a gay old time.
The DMC, winding around the South Shore.
Noooo, of couuuurse we're not BLATANTLY CHECKING PEOPLE OUT. Not a chance.
- Studio Addition of the Week: Annie Koyama sent us these awesome HP lego figures, and they went to live in our typeset drawer! They fit in perfectly.
- Studio Outing of the Week: Jellies at the Shedd Aquarium!
If you live near Chicago, you should go see these!
Except... I don't think you're ready for these jellies.
Which brings us to the...
- Studio Jam of The Week: Bootylicious, by Destiny's Child. The color thematics... THE COLOR THEMATICS. Anyway, ever since we decided to go to the Jellies exhibit, we've been singing this song around the house.
- Studio Jam of LAST WEEK: DARREN CRISS! ARTIE! REBECCA BLACK! Kenny G? HANSON!??? Corey Feldman? Debbie Gibson!? WHAT IS GOING ON THIS VIDEO IS AMAZING.
- Studio Quotes of the Week: Guess the context.
"That movie was Thorrible.
It made me want to Thor up.
What's worse, it was so Thoring!
At least Natalie Portman looked Thorgeous.
I'm so Thorry we had to see that movie.
We're still going to be doing this at Thor in the Thorning, aren't we?
THEY'VE ISSUED A THORNADO WARNING."
- Cooking Adventures of the Week: Tea sandwiches, to celebrate Nora's birthday.
- Cat Photo of the Week: SLEEPY FRIENDS!
- Cat Video of the Week: Wild outdoor jungle cat! Linney went out into the backyard to go exploring. She didn't much care for it, as it turned out. Apologies for calling my cat an asshole.