YAYAYYY MAGICAL KICKSTARTER WOOOOO!Well folk, thanks to your generous support, we'll be embarking on our journey to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter, to make comics and drink butterbeer and think hard about American consumerism while we balm our broken hearts with manatees. For this adventure, we have you to thank, so LETS HIGH FIVE ALL OF YOU!
HIGH FIVES TO ALL OUR GENEROUS BACKERS!
We won't letcha down.
Departing to Orlando January 27th, where we'll stay before hustling back to the frigid wastelands of Chicago on February 4th. If anyone down in Orlando or thereabouts would like to hang out or meet up, please let us know via email or comment. We're especially curious about people who have worked in or live near the parks-- what's it like? Wanna be in a comic?
- Studio Jam of the Week: Like it's Quidditch, by Nice Peter
Thanks to our pal, Tana Ford, for the tip off about this song!
Though... We have listened to it an unhealthy amount this week... so...
Tana, you will be getting our doctor bills.
- Studio Projects of the Week:
1. Burrow Studio Ukulele cover of JBieb'z "Baby."
(Has... has nobody noticed that one of the posters is not Justin Bieber? Seriously?
BONUS POINTS if you can name that face in the comments!)
2. BtheVS Shirt! Drawn by Lucy and printed by Nora:
Buy your own on our store!
3. Tree Towels: We made these for holiday presents for friends and family, and we liked them so much we made more! Drawn by Lucy, and hand dyed/screenprinted by Nora.
You can pick up these beauties on Nora's Etsy Page.
Lucy will be showing and selling original artwork and comics pages with a group of local Chicago comic artists. The Burrow will be selling some Nora-Printed T-Shirts featuring STAR WARS ART BY LUCY. If you live in or around Chicago, you should check out this show! The opening is next friday. It's gonna be great, and features art by some of our pals who are awesome (Sarah Becan and Corinne Mucha, among others).
And if we have any T-Shirts left over when the show closes, or a high demand, we'll have them available online for purchase.
- Kitty Photos of the Week:
If we're going to be making Miyazaki comparisons...
- Studio Munch of the Week: Hot foamed milk with cinnamon and vanilla and honey, with a stroopwafel warming on top.